By Joe Hogarty
John Favreau recently posted on Instagram some very famous actors providing the voices of characters for the new live action version of “The Jungle Book”. John Favreau is directing the movie for Disney and some of the actors involved:
- Bill Murray as the bear and best friend of Mowgli, Baloo.
- Christopher Walken as the king of the apes, King Louie.
- Ben Kingsley as the panther, Bagheera.
- Idris Elba as the villainous tiger, Shere Khan.
- Scarlett Johansson as the snake, Kaa.
- Lupita Nyong’o as Mowgli’s adoptive wolf mother, Rakcha.
It’s interesting to note that Favreau, Johansson, Kingsley and Elba have all starred in Marvel movies.
“The Jungle Book” is an all-new live-action epic adventure about Mowgli (newcomer Neel Sethi), a man-cub raised in the jungle by a family of wolves, who embarks on a captivating journey of self-discovery when he’s forced to abandon the only home he’s ever known. “The Jungle Book” will be released on October 9th, 2015.
Kermit Ruffins and Bill Murray
Bill Murray, John Favreau, Christopher Walken and Dr. John
Dr. John and John Favreau
A behind the scenes shot of Neel Sethi as Mowgli
Source:: WDW News Today